Inclusion (Equal opportunities, SEND and Pupil Premium)
Riseley C of E Primary School is an Inclusive School where all children, staff, parents and community members are supported to have full access to the curriculum and the life of the school.
Equality Objectives for Riseley C of E Primary School.
We aim to provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed, and to reach the highest level of personal achievement. To do this, teaching and learning will ensure the following:
- Ensure equality of access for all pupils and prepare them for life in a diverse society.
- Use materials that reflect a range of cultural backgrounds, without stereotyping.
- Promote attitudes and values that will challenge discriminatory behaviour.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures.
- Use a range of sensitive teaching strategies when teaching about different cultural traditions.
- Develop pupils’ awareness so that they can detect bias and challenge discrimination.
- Ensure that the PSHE curriculum covers issues of equalities, diversity, human rights and inclusion.
- Seek to involve all parents in supporting their child’s education.
- Provide educational visits and extra-curricular activities that reflect all pupil groupings.
- Take account of the performance of all pupils when planning for future learning and setting challenging targets.
- Make best use of all available resources to support the learning of all groups of pupils.
All parents/carers are encouraged to participate at all levels in the full life of the School.