Welcome to the PTA
FOLLOW ALONG, DONATE TO THE PTA AND MAKE YUMMY GINGERBREAD THIS CHRISTMAS
If you have bought a pre-made pack of ingredients from the PTA then thank you and you'll have everything you need. If you didn't buy a pack from the PTA but you'd like to follow along and make your own then we'd love a discretionary donation if you're able to and enjoy the video. The ingredients you'll need are below to make approximately 10 biscuits.
- 175g plain flour, plus extra for rolling out
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 63g butter
- 88g light soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
Now you are set to follow the video and learn how to make them. Pause as you move from step to step. Have fun!!
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon and pour into the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter and blend until the mix looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, add to the food processor and pulse until the mixture clumps together. Tip the dough out, knead briefly until smooth, wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Roll the dough out to a 0.5cm/¼in thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using cutters, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
NEXT PTA MEETING: TBC | via Zoom call | 7.30pm
Friday 4th December -
Elf themed mufti day for a £1 donation.
Saturday 5th December @ 7.30pm -
Wreath Making Class - packs can be purchased for £22 and the video can be watched back later.
Thursday 10th December -
Last day for hamper contributions to come to school.
Friday 20th & Saturday 21st December -
It only takes 1 extra click and yet raises money for the school just by you buying the exact same thing you planned to buy from the same place at the same price.
Why not save the link as a bookmark on your phone right next to your Amazon app, then every time you go to the Amazon app, click this instead, click Amazon and it will automatically open your Amazon app - it's that easy!
Well known companies have agreed to donate a portion of their profit (up to 5% of your purchase) to the PTA each time you click on to their website from our School Angel page. More information can be found in our guide at the bottom of this page on how it works.
RAISED: Our ability to raise money has been greatly hampered by the situation with Covid and we look forward to new innovations in the events that we organise and the ways in which the PTA function as a charity and as community builder. Some figures from pre-Covid are as follows:
The Christmas Fair was a fantastic success in 2019 raising £1,653.38. Christmas Wreath Making raised £331.48; the clothes collection in December raised £222.50; and the school disco raised £131.43. School Angel has raised £854.54 as of the beginning of October and requires very little effort. Thank you for all your support!
DONATED: Donations were made to the school for a pantomime trip, theatre visit, benches for the playground, paint to decorate the playground, swimming for older years, school trips for each class, Yr 6 leavers books, plus a large donation towards laptops and furniture for the working corridor in the new building. 2018-2019 donations to the school totalled £7,178.17.
In 2020 the PTA will be purchasing a Buddy Bench for the playground, as requested by children from the School Council on behalf of their classmates.
With the excitement of Phase 2 building works well under way, the majority of funds raised will now go towards helping fund brand new fixed play equipment for the children to enjoy once the school build is completed in December. The school will guide us on what will be suitable based on the new playground and we hope to ensure some undercover areas for protection on windy/rainy days, but also from the sun come summer 2021.
HOW YOU CAN HELP: Below are just a few of the ways you can get involved and support:
- Becoming a class rep for your child's class or suggesting new ways to raise or spend funds.
- Helping to run or organise events. Every bit of help, however big or small is appreciated. Lots will currently be remote and so are even easier to get involved with.
- Taking part in our events and initiatives throughout the year to make them a success!
- Visiting our School Angel page first when you shop online | CLICK HERE
JOINING OR HELPING THE PTA: The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) of Riseley C of E Primary School is run by a group of parent and teacher volunteers. Some of the volunteers have more official roles and titles (see below) but everyone's efforts, ideas and involvement is important and greatly appreciated.
Meeting for an hour every 4-6 weeks, we plan fundraising events and initiatives that look to raise much-needed funds to support the school for the benefit of every pupil. If you’ve not joined the ranks, please do! You can get involved as much or as little as your time allows and if you have any questions then get in touch with a member of the committee.
PTA COMMITTEE MEMBERS FOR 2020-2021:
- Co-Chairpersons - Victoria Tinkler (children in Year 6 and Year 4) & James Steiger (children in Year 3 and Reception)
- Treasurer - Hamish Coles-Hendry (children in Year 3 and reception)
- Communications - Karen Aves (children at Sharnbrook and in Year 4)
- Secretary - Beth Sparks (children in Year 5 and Year 3)
Other regular members include:
- Katharine Duddles (children in Year 6 and Year 4)
- Gemma Edwards (children in Year 2 and Nursery)
- Vicki Moss (children in Year 4 and Year 3)
CLASS REPS FOR 2020-2021:
We are actively welcoming new Class Reps, so please do reach out if you could lend a hand or an ear to your fellow class parents.
|Year 6 - Falcons||Lianne Spillane & Jeanne Cox-Jones|
|Year 5 - Flamingos||Ed Green|
|Year 4 - Parrots||Lianne Spillane & Debbie Evans|
|Year 3 - Penguins||Clare King|
|Year 2 - Doves||Sharlene Taylor|
|Year 1 - Puffins||Catherine West|
|Reception - Owls||Louise Jones & Issy Burge|
|Nursery - Robins & Wrens||Gemma Edwards|
Thanks for reading this far and we looking forward to seeing you at the next PTA meeting or event!
Best wishes, the PTA